Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Once a year my church has a smorgasbord of delicious Scandinavian food. My favorite part since I was little was the Rommagrout. It is to die for. It is definitely my comfort food.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 5 cups milk (unpasteurized)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- additional butter
- Melt 1 cup butter.
- Add flour and let bubble over low heat for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add unpasteurized milk, boiling gradually.
- Add salt.
- Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Serve hot with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
Thanks for posting this recipe, I have been craving "grott"! My father makes his version by whisking together milk and flour, heating til thick, then stirring a few knobs of butter and a bit of salt. But your version is easier and lump-free. I also use a whisk to keep the lumps away!