Recipe by Aunt Cookie
This is good on fish, vegetables...I'm sure that whatever you dream up would be good. I listed this as a low carb recipe, so I probably shouldn't say this, but this tastes really good with bread. From the Low Carb Cookbook by Fran McCullough.
- 1⁄3 cup almonds
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 dried hot red chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the garlic, almonds, tomatoes, and pepper on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. The veggies should be soft.
- Peel and seed the tomatoes (honestly, I don't bother to peel them -- I'm a little lazy that way).
- Peel the garlic.
- Put the roasted ingredients in a blender or food processor and grind thoroughly.
- Add the vinegar and salt.
- While the food processor is still running, gradually trickle in the oil until the sauce thickens.