Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is good on fish, vegetables...I'm sure that whatever you dream up would be good. I listed this as a low carb recipe, so I probably shouldn't say this, but this tastes really good with bread. From the Low Carb Cookbook by Fran McCullough.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the garlic, almonds, tomatoes, and pepper on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes. The veggies should be soft.
- Peel and seed the tomatoes (honestly, I don't bother to peel them -- I'm a little lazy that way).
- Peel the garlic.
- Put the roasted ingredients in a blender or food processor and grind thoroughly.
- Add the vinegar and salt.
- While the food processor is still running, gradually trickle in the oil until the sauce thickens.
Awesome. I grilled some green onions (see No Reservations, Spain) and dipped in this sauce. Fabulous.
This was really simple and quite delicious. Went really well with whole wheat pasta.
This recipe surprised me. I followed the instructions and ingredients to the letter. However, my results turned out to be more of a spreadable paste than a sauce. The flavor is very nice, with a hint of spiciness and very almond-y. I do think this would be very nice used as a spread on crackers or even used to top celery sticks. I do plan to use this with our fish this evening! Thank you for sharing your recipes with us, Aunt Cookie!