Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Flavor is written all over this classic, and I can't believe it's not posted! With crunchy almonds in the crust and bright red peppers in the sauce -- this dish tastes as good as it looks. CuisineAtHome.com.
SAUCE FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 cup jarred roasted red pepper, drained
- 1 cup roma tomato, seeded
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- fresh ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 8 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 zucchini (2 each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, a
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Process bell pepper, tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes, in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a saucepan; boil 7 minutes, or until slightly thick.
- Season with salt,& pepper.
- Trim fat from breast halves and slice each in half crosswise.
- Season with pepper and 1/2 t. salt; crushed red pepper flakes for that extra zing, if desired.
- Pulse bread in a food processor to make coarse crumbs.
- Add almonds and pulse to chop.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a shallow dish.
- Place flour, Parmesan, and remaining 1/2 t. salt in a second shallow dish.
- Blend eggs and water with a fork in a third shallow dish.
- Dredge both sides of chicken in flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture to coat.
- Transfer chicken to crumb mixture and pat onto both sides; place on a baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute chicken 5 min., or until golden brown.
- Carefully flip chicken and saute an additional 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Julienne just the outsides of each zucchini lengthwise using a mandoline or by hand.
- Discard seed core.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and saute 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Season with lemon juice, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Wow! This was amazing! There wasn't a bit of this dish that wasn't absolutely delicious! My husband practically licked his plate clean. We served this with roasted potatoes; if we had made more sauce we think it would have been delicious on those too! The possibilities seem endless with the sauce; it would be great on pasta, fish, almost anything. Thank you so much for posting this new keeper!