I saw this in a cookbook and it is so simple! It's savory and sweet and great for when you need that little nibble during the day. In the book where I found this they had a cheese listed that I've never heard of. I winged it and used Cheddar. :) I used a 3/4 oz slice of cheese that is reduced calorie(50 per piece) and strawberry preserves.
- 3⁄4 ounce slice cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon jelly (any flavor) or 1 teaspoon jam (any flavor) or 1 teaspoon preserves (any flavor)
- Put your cheese down on a plate.
- Smear a spoon full of jelly on top.
- (Sounds goofy,I know but very easy and very good!).
Mmmmmmmmmmmm love it! I love this as written but sometimes also add a club cracker under the cheese (and warm in the microwave for a few seconds to take the chill off the cheese). Also good with cream cheese instead of aged cheese (definitely need a cracker for that one though :) ) Thanks for sharing this great snack!
Mmm, I luv this combination! It is the perfect balance between sweet and savoury and used to be my favourite breakfast topping for bread when I was little. Mmmmm! I ususally make this using gouda and strawberry or cherry jam. So good! And here I was thinking this was a German thing...:) THANKS for sharing with us!