I got this recipe from my favorite cookbook from Coastal Living. They are just as delicious as they are beautiful! I will make sure to take pictures the next I make these. They are a great addition to any appetizer party, wine tasting, whatever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs, may substitute toasted fresh breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 11 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 small plum tomatoes (Roma)
- pesto sauce
- 1Stir together first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish. Stir in butter; set aside.
- 2Combine goat cheese, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- 3Cut tomatoes in half horizontally; trim a small amount from rounded edges, if necessary, so halves will stand upright. Remove seeds and pulp. Spoon about 2 teaspoons goat cheese mixture into each half.
- 4Dip tomato halves, upside down, in breadcrumb mixture, coating cut edges generously. Place right side up on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer tomatoes to serving platter. Drizzle with pesto.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romas and Goats (Roma Tomatoes With Goat Cheese Appetizers)
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.4
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 928.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 21.3 g