Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Truly pretty looking and equally yummy as well. A nice treat to have on hand at a cookie party - these vanish before you know it!
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- Cream margarine and sugar well together in a bowl.
- Add the sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mix the cocoa powder into the boiling water.
- Add to the flour-sugar mixture.
- If the dough is a bit soft, add some more coconut.
- Form into balls.
- Press with the back of a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- Sandwich together with melted chocolate for an extravagant cookie!
- Likewise, repeat for all the cookies and gobble'em down and enjoy the yummy feeling they impart!