1/3 Photos of Romany Chocolate Cream Pie
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
A deliciously delectable dessert that I am asked for time and again. Don't forget that you must make it the day before, and refrigerate, in the springform pan. (A baking pan with a loose bottom) You can use a pie dish, I prefer the loose-bottomed pan, because it gives a better presentation when you remove the pan. I have stated a 9 inch pan or pie dish, I have sometimes found that I have too much chocolate mixture. If this is the case, you can either use it to make individual little chocolate mousses .. pour into small cups or ramekins, and refrigerate overnight...personally, I use a deep springform pan, which gives me quite a high pie. The pie crust uses Romany Cream biscuits, which I know will not be available everywhere. There are a couple of recipes for them here on Zaar , such as Chocolate Cookies ( Romany Creams), even if you don't want to make the biscuits in order to make a crust, (that Would be a lot of work!!) it may give you an idea of what kind of biscuit you can substitute, It should be a crisp, chocolatey biscuit. I use a Cadburys chocolate flake for the decoration. This recipe comes off the Romany Cream biscuit packet. Time stated is only for preparation, it is important to allow for 24 hours chill time in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- 2Stir until marshmallows have melted.
- 3Add chocolate bar and stir until melted, and mixture is smooth.
- 4Take off heat, and allow to cool.
- 5Crush the biscuits finely.
- 6Melt the butter.(I use the microwave).
- 7Stir the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs.
- 8Press into a greased 9 inch pie-dish, or (I prefer) into a springform pan (with a loose bottom.).
- 9(This makes for a better presentation when you serve it).
- 10Chill the crust for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- 11Whip the cream until peaks form, and fold into cooled chocolate mixture.
- 12Pour into the prepared crust.
- 13Chill overnight in fridge.
- 14Next day, crumble/grate chocolate on top, loosen the pie from the springform pan (if using), and chill again, until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romany Chocolate Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.0
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 259.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g