French Tart's Note:
This quick dish uses ingredients that make a smart alternative to a jar of pasta sauce. A REAL steal of a recipe which is ready in 20 minutes - from pan to plate! I have suggested conchiglie, but any dried pasta shapes will work. Serve with a big bowl of salad and some cheeky little pieces of ciabatta bread or if you are feeling naughty, garlic bread! (This natty little recipe is taken from Delicious.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g dried conchiglie or 200 g pasta, shapes of your choice
- 270 g wild mushrooms in oil (or mixed mushrooms)
- 25 g walnut pieces
- 4 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-fat creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- ciabatta, to serve
- salad leaves, to serve
- 1Cook the conchiglie (or pasta shapes of your choice) in a large saucepan of lightly salted, simmering water according to pack instructions or until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, drain the jar of marinated mixed or wild mushrooms in oil and roughly chop with the walnut pieces.
- 3Place in a bowl and mix with finely grated Parmesan and the half-fat crème fraîche.
- 4Season and add the chopped fresh Italian flatleaf parsley. Toss through the pasta and heat gently for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Serve piping hot with more walnut pieces and plenty of shaved Parmesan, as well as a big bowl of salad and ciabatta bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romantic Wild Mushroom and Walnut Conchiglie for Two!
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1728.5
- Calories from Fat 1381
- Total Fat 153.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.3 mg
- Sodium 167.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 13.7 g