Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This quick dish uses ingredients that make a smart alternative to a jar of pasta sauce. A REAL steal of a recipe which is ready in 20 minutes - from pan to plate! I have suggested conchiglie, but any dried pasta shapes will work. Serve with a big bowl of salad and some cheeky little pieces of ciabatta bread or if you are feeling naughty, garlic bread! (This natty little recipe is taken from Delicious.)
- 200 g dried conchiglie or 200 g pasta, shapes of your choice
- 270 g wild mushrooms in oil (or mixed mushrooms)
- 25 g walnut pieces
- 4 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons half-fat creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- ciabatta, to serve
- salad leaves, to serve
- Cook the conchiglie (or pasta shapes of your choice) in a large saucepan of lightly salted, simmering water according to pack instructions or until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, drain the jar of marinated mixed or wild mushrooms in oil and roughly chop with the walnut pieces.
- Place in a bowl and mix with finely grated Parmesan and the half-fat crème fraîche.
- Season and add the chopped fresh Italian flatleaf parsley. Toss through the pasta and heat gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with more walnut pieces and plenty of shaved Parmesan, as well as a big bowl of salad and ciabatta bread.
Thanks for this lovely recipe. I couldn't help adding a bit of finely minced garlic which I found it needed. Also I chopped the walnuts really finely since that way they clung to the pasta better. All in all a delightful dish. Ivy