Recipe by Annacia
When you want a special meal for just two consider this lovely, substantial, soup. Serve with crusty rolls and a fresh green salad.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and simple soup/stew to make which we enjoyed -- made as directed with shrimp, crab and scallops but I think next time I'll try the fish instead of the crab. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 onion, thin sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, including tops
- 1 1⁄2 garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 8 ounces crabmeat (or firm white fish cubed)
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 4 scallops (and, or clams in the shell)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine onions and garlic and cook, covered, over low heat until soft, stirring frequently so they don't scorch.
- Add parsley, bell pepper, tomato sauce, wine, water, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and bay leaf and slow simmer, covered, for 1 hour checking from time to time for liquid and add if any is needed.
- Add crab or white fish, shrimp, scallops or clams and cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until scallops or clam shells open.
- Discard any shells that do not open.
- Serve hot.