Recipe by ms.susan
This is a perfect recipe for prime rib but I use this recipe on any roast I make. It's easy and tastes really wonderful. I think the rosemary takes it over the top!
- 4535.92 g prime rib roast
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 118.29 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Make slits all over the roast by pricking with a knife. Insert slivers of sliced garlic. Season the roast with salt and pepper, then spread generously with mustard mixed with dried rosemary. Place on a rack in a roasting pan, and cover.
- Roast for 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn off oven. Leave oven closed, and do not peek for 90 minutes. The internal temperature of the meat should be at least 140 degrees F for medium-rare, or 155 degrees F for medium.
- **cook at 500F for 5 minutes PER POUND of meat (so a 5lb roast would cook for 25 minutes) and your roast will turn out perfect every time.