Recipe by Chef Patience
This dish would be wonderful as part of a romantic dinner for 2. Times listed are estimated. Entry for RSC #5.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces portabella mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, for frying
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 tablespoons ground coriander, divided use
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup flour, to coat
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken in wine for a minimum of ½ hour.
- Then, remove the chicken from the marinade and pound it as flat as you can.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and mushrooms in a frying pan.
- Heat mushrooms thru.
- Add cleaned, stemmed spinach, stir and cover.
- Turn off heat.
- Three minutes later, check the mushroom mixture and add some salt and 1 tbsp coriander, adjusting to taste.
- Place ½ of mushroom mixture on one end of a flattened chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breast up.
- Try to tuck in the ends.
- Repeat with 2nd chicken breast.
- On a plate, mix flour, 2 tbsp coriander and ¼ tsp salt.
- Carefully dredge the chicken rolls in the flour mixture.
- Brush off any excess flour.
- Place the chicken in a small baking dish and bake for about 40 min, or until the chicken reaches an interior temperature of 188 degrees or juices stop running.
- The outside of the rolls should by golden brown.
- Slice carefully and arrange on a plate.
- Serve with the remainder of the wine you chilled after using 3 c for a marinade, (you did chill it, didn’t you?) a side of rice pilaf, and a small loaf of fresh brown bread with flavored butter.