Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe when looking for my favorite recipe for Christmas dinner. I will try this soon as it looks so simple and wonderful!!!! I plan on making it for Valentine's Day.
- 2 Cornish hens
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄3 cup Catalina dressing
- Place Cornish Hens into slow cooker.
- Combine Apricot Jam, onion soup mix and Catalina salad dressing in a separate bowl.
- Spoon mixture over hens.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- NOTE: May substitute 1/2 tablespoon Dry Mustard for Onion Soup Mix.
Sorry but I didn't find this that good. I used the dry mustard option because of the high sodium content of packaged onion soup mix. I also added some onion powder. The taste of the sauce was quite good but I found that the hen was done in 6 hrs and the breast at that point was already drying out.