A while back I was looking for the AppleBee's Triple Chocolate Meltdown recipe...which I never did find, BUT...I have come across another fabu cake! The Macaroni Grill's warm chocolate cake with fudge sauce! I found this on the net, and have scaled the recipe down to 1 cake, and made a few changes.
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350º Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and sugar.
- Mix ingredients, taking care not over mix. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into a 13X9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Fudge Sauce: Bring cream to a simmer in a medium nonreactive saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate all at once.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the glaze smooth.
- Presentation: Cut a fairly large square of cake, and place on a dessert plate.
- (Still warm, or reheat in microwave slightly) Liberally pour warm fudge sauce over cake.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream (please-- no cool whip for this baby) and chopped nuts.
The cocoa should be 6 T (3 oz). Even the restaurant recipe only calls for 6 oz. cocoa & that's for a half sheet cake. This recipe is cut in half for a 13x9. 1c cocoa is WAY too much. Likely why Jessica's cake didn't turn out.
Ive never had this at the restaurant, but fabulous recipe. I took it to a church potluck and everyone loved it. I did only use 1/2 cup of cocoa as suggested and it was lovely. Hot fudge everywhere!
Made this exactly how the recipe calls. Turned out AMAZING!