Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one I found on the internet.
Make and share this Romano's Macaroni Grill Vodka Rustica recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, fresh minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme, minced fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto, about 2 ounces thick-sliced, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 12 pimientos, sliced
- 4 rosemary, sprigs
- Preheat bbq grill to high.
- Prepare gratinata sauce by melting 3 tbls of butter over medium/low heat. Add garlic and sweat it for about 5 minutes. Be sure the garlic doesn't brown.
- Add the marsala wine and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and keep it there for 10 minutes or until it's thick. Cover sauce and remove from heat.
- Cook pasta following directions on the package (7-9 minutes in boiling water). You want the pasta tender, but not mush (al dente).
- Strain pasta and set it aside when it's done.
- Pound the thick end of your chicken breast a bit with a kitchen mallet to make them a uniform thickness.
- Rub chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper. Spear the shrimp on skewers (6 per skewer should work fine), then rub them with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side. When chicken is done, slice each breast into strips.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Build each dish in a large shallow baking dish. Or you can use a 9 inch glass or ceramic pie plate.
- Load 3 cups of pasta into each baking dish. Add one quarter of the chicken, 3 shrimp, and 2 tbls of prosciutto onto each serving.
- Spoon 3/4 of a cup of gratinata sauce on each serving and toss to coat. Combine 3 tbls of grated Parmesan cheese with 1 1/2 tsp paprika, then sprinkle about 1 tbls of this mixture over the top of each serving.
- Bake the dishes for 10-12 minutes, or until tops begin to brown.
- Arrange 3 pimentos on the top of each serving, then jab a sprig of rosemary into the center an serve.