Recipe by ReluctantCook
A teriyaki-kissed salmon with rice-sized pasta. Had this the first time in NC and always think of my dad when we have it. I found the recipe at WBIR-10 but some of the ingredients seemed off, so I adjusted them a bit.
Top Review by galponetta
Made the spinach orzo, and loved it. I'm a big fan of the original dish. I cooked my salmon by a different method than this recipe, but the pasta and fish went together well. I think the pasta makes a great side dish for just about anything.
- 4 salmon fillets (2 lbs total)
- 1 ounce canola oil
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 8 ounces teriyaki sauce (Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze with Honey & Pineapple)
- 8 ounces orzo pasta, precooked
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, combined with garlic
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces spinach, julienned
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip salmon in soy sauce, then the oil and place the salmon on hot grill silver side up.
- Grill salmon evenly until done, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Ladle 2 oz teriyaki glaze over each salmon fillet while still on the grill.
- Precook 8 ounces dry orzo. In a hot sauté pan, add olive oil and garlic, red bell peppers and hot precooked orzo. Sauté for approximately one minute. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Remove pan from heat and add spinach. Toss for approximately three seconds until spinach is incorporated but is not wilted.
- Place spinach and orzo on plate, then add salmon and additional teriyaki glaze if desired.