1/2 Photos of Romano's Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica by Todd Wilbur
Ms Ladybug's Note:
Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com per the menu: "shrimp, grilled chicken, prosciutto and parmesan baked in a creamy sauce" This came in my email today from Top Secret Recipes. One of my all time favorite dishes when eating out. The description in the email is rather long, so I will just share the opening tidbit of info--this is apparently their top requested recipe, it's so popular they have even trademarked the name!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb penne rigate, cooked
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup about 2 ounces thick-sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1Preheat bbq grill to high.
- 2Prepare gratinata sauce by melting 3 tbls of butter over medium/low heat. Add garlic and sweat it for about 5 minutes. Be sure the garlic doesn't brown. Add the marsala wine and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients for the sauce and whisk until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer and keep it there for 10 minutes or until it's thick. Cover sauce and remove from heat.
- 3Cook past following directions on the package (7-9 minutes in boiling water). You want the pasta tender, but not mush (al dente). Strain pasta and set it aside when it's done.
- 4Pound the thick end of your chicken breast a bit with a kitchen mallet to make them a uniform thickness. Rub chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper. Spear the shrimp on skewers (6 per skewer should work fine), then rub them with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side. Grill shrimp for 2 minutes per side. When chicken is done, slice each breast into strips.
- 6Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Build each dish in a large shallow baking dish. Or you can use a 9 inch glass or ceramic pie plate. Load 3 cups of pasta into each baking dish. Add one quarter of the chicken, 3 shrimp, and 2 tbls of prosciutto onto each serving. Spoon 3/4 of a cup of gratinata sauce on each serving and toss to coat. Combine 3 tbls of grated Parmesan cheese with 1 1/2 tsp paprika, then sprinkle about 1 tbls of this mixture over the top of each serving. Bake the dishes for 10-12 minutes, or until tops begin to brown. Arrange 3 pimentos on the top of each serving, then jab a sprig of rosemary into the center an serve.
- 7I do not know the prep time, as I have just received this recipe. if anyone attempts it before me, please edit my guess.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romano's Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (899 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1426.6
- Calories from Fat 676
- Total Fat 75.2 g
- Saturated Fat 40.1 g
- Cholesterol 291.0 mg
- Sodium 3255.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 65.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: