1/3 Photos of Romano's Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica
The sauce is the key to this recipe....HEAVY CREAM, PARMESAN CHEESE, WINE, etc. with CHICKEN & SHRIMP, cooking the penne pasta is the easy part. This recipe makes an ample amount, and too tricky for me to attempt to scale it down. I am posting it to take advantage of Recipezaar's calculations to reduce a recipe. I'm not sure how much this recipe feeds, but I am going to guess at 8-10 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Gratinata sauce use 4 1/2 cups
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce pancetta or 1 ounce bacon
- 18 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- 16 -24 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- 3 teaspoons chopped pimiento
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1For Gratinata Sauce: Saute butter, garlic, and rosemary until garlic begins to brown.
- 2Add Marsala wine and reduce by one-third.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, reduce by half of the original volume.
- 4Set aside.
- 5For Penne Rustica: Saute pancetta until it begins to brown.
- 6Add butter, shallots, and shrimp.
- 7Cook until shrimp are evenly pink but still translucent.
- 8Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- 9Add gratinata sauce and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- 10Simmer until sauce thickens.
- 11In a large bowl, combine shrimp& chicken mixture with the cooked pasta.
- 12Pour into a large casserole dish or roaster.
- 13Top with remaining cheese, pimientos and sprinkle with paprika.
- 14Bake at 475 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 15Remove and garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romano's Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.4
- Calories from Fat 541
- Total Fat 60.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 233.8 mg
- Sodium 309.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper