Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
If you've eaten at the Macaroni Grill they are wonderfully consistent with creamy and tasteful sauces. Hope you enjoy!
- 946.36 ml heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 0.59 ml chicken base
- 295.73 ml asiago cheese
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 56.69 g water
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml red onion, diced
- 118.29 ml pancetta, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 177.44 ml green onion, tops only
- 340.19 g chicken, grilled and sliced
- 907.18 g farfalle pasta, cooked
- 226.79 g heavy cream (whipping cream)
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- To Make the Sauce: Heat cream to very hot and just bubbly (but not a boil).
- Add chicken base and cheese.
- Stir constantly with a wire whip and bring temperature back to just bubbly.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the cold water and add to sauce.
- Bring to a slow simmer to cook out starch.
- Transfer sauce to a container, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- To Make the Pasta Dish: Saute red onion in butter for a few seconds then add pancetta and garlic.
- Add chicken, green onions and pasta.
- Deglaze the pan with the cream.
- Add asiago cream sauce.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
I make this dish all the time, it is my favorite. I always added extra asiago at Macaroni Grill, so a little extra makes it just a little bit better.
True to the original! I couldn't find pancetta here so I substituted proscuitto. Tasted similar and wonderful. Makes a HUGE amount! More than 4-5 servings!
I've never had this at Macaroni Grill (not my favorite Italian restaurant here), but this is good. I'd give it 5 stars except my husband and company felt it was a little bland. We added hot pepper flakes , more slat and pepper and everyone was much happier.