1/2 Photos of Romano's Macaroni Grill Nachos Napoli
I love the ones at the restaurant, but they do not travel well as take out. Now I can have them whenever I want (which is not always a good thing!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces wonton wrappers (about 1/3 a packet)
- canola oil
- 1/3 cup fully cooked Italian sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives or 1/4 cup any black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 6 -8 slices banana peppers (use as much or as little as you'd like, they are in the pickle section of the grocery store)
Asiago cream sauce
- 1stack the wonton wrappers and slice into 3-4 sections lengthwise and then cut each strip 3 more times to make little rectangles or chips.
- 2Deep fry in hot canola oil till light golden brown, drain on paper towels and set aside.
- 3Cheese sauce:.
- 4Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl, then add granules; set aside.
- 5In a sauce pan heat the cream.
- 6Slowly add cornstarch mixture, mix till thick and slowly add in cheese.
- 7Stir till cheese is totally melted and then turn heat to low and stir occasionally.
- 8Place the chips on a plate and sprinkle with1/2 the mozzarella cheese.
- 9Dot the top with about 2/3 c hot cheese sauce.
- 10Sprinkle all other ingredients evenly over the top.
- 11Sprinkle with as much remaining mozzarella cheese as desired.
- 12Serve while hot.
- 13Cheese sauce makes about 3 cups. Servings are for a meal, for an appetizer it would feed around 2-4 people.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romano's Macaroni Grill Nachos Napoli
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3018.1
- Calories from Fat 2098
- Total Fat 233.1 g
- Saturated Fat 140.1 g
- Cholesterol 847.0 mg
- Sodium 3209.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 80.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: