Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a "copycat" recipe which I've posted in answer to a message board request. I found this recipe at CDKitchen.com
- Pour a scant tablespoon of the olive oil into a 9"-square cake pan; spread evenly to cover bottom and sides.
- Place all-purpose flour, semolina flour, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and all of the yeast in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- (The mixing can be done by hand as well.) Blend ingredients on medium speed.
- Reduce speed to low and slowly add hot milk.
- Raise the speed to medium and continue mixing for 5 minutes (knead about 8 to 10 minutes by hand).
- Sprinkle bottom of cake pan with a little flour.
- Remove dough from bowl and spread out evenly in pan.
- Cover pan with a towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove towel, and brush dough with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle top with additional salt and, rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with remaining oil.