1/2 Photos of Romano's Macaroni Grill Chocolate Cake Recipe
This information was found at the About.com website, cooking for kids:http://kidscooking.about.com/od/desserts/r/macgrillchoccak.htm The first time I tried the Macaroni Grill chocolate cake, I immediately wanted the recipe. It is moist on the inside with a decadent chocolate ganache topping, then it is finished off with chopped walnuts. Although I'm told the authentic Macaroni Grill chocolate cake recipe calls for coffee, I wanted to make a version for the kids. So this smothered chocolate cake recipe uses buttermilk in place of the coffee.
My Private Note
9 x 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat mayonnaise and sugar together.
- 3In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- 4Add half of the flour mixture to the mayonnaise mixture.
- 5Add half of the buttermilk to the batter, beating well.
- 6Add remaining flour mixture and remaining buttermilk.
- 7Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the edge comes out with crumbs attached.
- 8Let cool. Meanwhile, prepare ganache: Put chopped chocolate in a heat-resistant dish.
- 9Heat heavy cream over medium heat just until bubbles begin to form around the edges. Pour over chopped chocolate.
- 10Stir until smooth.
- 11Cut cake into pieces and pour ganache over each piece, so it drizzles down the sides. Garnish with chopped walnuts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romano's Macaroni Grill Chocolate Cake Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.1
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: