Recipe by Punky Julster
This is a copy cat that I found online.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
While I've never been to Macaroni Grill, this recipe deserves all the 5 star reviews it's gotten and more. While it was a little involved to make the end result was more than worth it. I did make a few minor adjustments made on other reviewers comments and personal preferance but not enough to really change the recipe much and feel it'd be just as good as directed. Cut the recipe in half for me and DH, my chicken breasts were really large so pounded them thin to make sure they would cook through, added onion and garlic to the saute and when mixing an extra tablespoon of capers as we just love them and wanted to really taste them. Also, a larger adjustment was that I just could NOT bring myself to make this with a full pound of butter and serve to my family so cut that in half - thinking if it didn't thicken I'd just use some corn starch. Well, not a problem - it still turned out wonderful and DH is already asking if there's any left overs. This is truly a company worthy dish that I'd be proud to serve.
Lemon Butter Sauce
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 lb butter (4 sticks)
Chicken and Pasta
- 6 -8 chicken breasts (3-ounces each)
- oil, for sauteing chicken
- butter, for sauteing chicken
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour, seasoned with salt and pepper, for dredging
- 6 ounces pancetta, cooked
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lb cappellini pasta, cooked
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the sauce:.
- Heat the lemon juice and white wine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by one-third.
- Add cream and simmer until mixture thickens (3 to 4 minutes).
- Slowly add butter until completely incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- To make chicken and pasta:.
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Heat a small amount of oil and two tablespoons butter in a large skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour and saute in pan, turning once, until brown and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan.
- Heat until mushrooms soften and are cooked. Add chicken back to pan.
- To serve:.
- Place cooked pasta on each plate.
- Add half of butter sauce to chicken mixture and toss.
- Taste and adjust. Add more sauce if needed.
- Place chicken mixture over pasta.
- Add a little more sauce to each.
- Garnish with parsley.