Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My favorite meal is Chicken Marsala from the Macaroni Grill. This is a copycat recipe that I received from recipelink and it is truly wonderful and surprisingly easy too.
- Place chicken pieces between waxed paper and flatten. Dust each piece with salt, pepper and flour. Shake off surplus.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter and the oil in skillet and fry chicken in batches on medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and arrange in a single layer in shallow ovenproof pan. Put in low oven (275-300 degrees) to stay warm.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and shallot to skillet and saute (do not brown) for a few minutes until soft. Add mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes. Use slotted spoon to lift mushrooms out of skillet and arrange on top of chicken breasts. Sprinkle with cheese and put back in oven until you finish next step.
- Pour Marsala wine into skillet along with chicken broth and remaining 1 tablespoons butter and boil rapidly until reduced by half. Remove chicken from oven, plate it and pour wine mixture over the chicken breasts.
- I served the breasts along with a small portion of angel hair pasta on the plate.
We loved this recipe! I have never been to a Macaroni Grill so I can't compare it but I have had chicken marsala before and this version was delish. I made as posted except to leave out the shallot (didn't have one on hand) and I doubled the sauce. I served over rice. There wasn't a bit left. Thanks for posting a keeper!
Very nice chicken marsala dish. Easy to prepare and it had a nice flavor. Although we liked it, I felt there was something missing when compared with some of the other marsala dishes I've reviewed. I think it could be the proportion of marsala and chicken stock which differs a bit from the other recipes I've reviewed using veal. We served the chicken over angel hair pasta and grated fresh parmesan reggiano cheese over the top. Thank you for a nice meal.
I thought this was good, but I messed it up somewhere. To me it didn't taste like Macaroni Grill's, but it wasn't bad. The sauce wasn't quite right. I tried to add a bit more wine, but that made it too sweet. So maybe next time I'll use some extra chicken sauce instead on wine. Thanks for the recipe, I'll just have to tweak it a bit.