1/2 Photos of Romano's Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala
Irish Rose's Note:
My favorite meal is Chicken Marsala from the Macaroni Grill. This is a copycat recipe that I received from recipelink and it is truly wonderful and surprisingly easy too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 8 pieces
- ground pepper
- flour, for coating
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons marsala wine, dry not sweet
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1Place chicken pieces between waxed paper and flatten. Dust each piece with salt, pepper and flour. Shake off surplus.
- 2Melt 3 tablespoons butter and the oil in skillet and fry chicken in batches on medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.
- 3Remove chicken from pan and arrange in a single layer in shallow ovenproof pan. Put in low oven (275-300 degrees) to stay warm.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons butter, garlic and shallot to skillet and saute (do not brown) for a few minutes until soft. Add mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes. Use slotted spoon to lift mushrooms out of skillet and arrange on top of chicken breasts. Sprinkle with cheese and put back in oven until you finish next step.
- 5Pour Marsala wine into skillet along with chicken broth and remaining 1 tablespoons butter and boil rapidly until reduced by half. Remove chicken from oven, plate it and pour wine mixture over the chicken breasts.
- 6I served the breasts along with a small portion of angel hair pasta on the plate.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romano's Macaroni Grill Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.2
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 241.7 mg
- Sodium 679.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 52.4 g