Recipe by KelBel
Had this at the Macaroni Grill. It was delicious. This is a copycat version I found online.
Top Review by Lorelei B.
This was fabulous! I made several changes, because the recipe I was actually hoping to duplicate was Maggiano's Chicken Spinach Manicotti. I doubled the chicken and spinach and eliminated the tomatoes and marinara. I poached and shredded the chicken, and blanched the spinach in boiling water for 20-30 seconds until wilted. I also added about 1/2 cup of asiago/romano/parmesan shredded cheese mixture to the filling. I made my own alfredo sauce, and topped with the 3 oz. Parmesan plus another 3 oz. of the asiago/romano mix. Again, I made a lot of changes but the recipe was a great base and it turned out really wonderful. I think it was even better than the restaurant version!
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 ounce fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 sheets lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the chicken breast into 1/2-inch pieces and place into a large mixing bowl. Add spinach, tomatoes, ricotta, mozzarella, pepper and salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Arrange precooked pasta sheets on a cutting board and place two or three rounded tablespoons of filling mixture down the center of each pasta sheet and carefully roll pasta around filling in a cigar fashion.
- Place the rolled cannelloni, side by side, into an ovenproof shallow baking dish. Place Alfredo sauce and tomato sauce in bowl and mix until well incorporated. Pour sauce over cannelloni covering completely.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top of sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Remove from oven and serve family style or on individual plates garnished with fresh diced tomatoes, and basil or Italian parsley.