Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Here is an Old World recipe that has been modernized! It is delicious served over hulled, strawberries, slice peaches, or fresh blueberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine or 1⁄3 cup fruit-flavored liqueur
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water in the bottom of a double boiler. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and, in the top of the double boiler, combine the egg yolks and sugar. Stir constantly for 5-6 minutes until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and add the sherry. Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the whipped topping in a large bowl and fold in the cooled egg mixture until evenly combined. Serve over fresh fruit.