Recipe by Derf
Crunchy,spicy, delicious chops!! and quick too. adapted from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by Malriah
YUM! I made a few changes but only to the technique. I did add extra Tony Chacheries cajun spice but that is the cajun girl in me. :o) The big changes were, I forgot to pound out the chops and by the time I realized that, it was too late. So what I did was toss them in the frying pan and brown both sides to get the crispy crust. Then I put them in a roasting pan, on a rack, and baked them for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. They were very juicy and the flavor exploded in my mouth with every bite! I will make these once a week FOREVER!! Thanks for another great recipe!!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup grated romano cheese or 1 cup pecorino cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops.
- One at a time, place chops between waxed paper and pound with a mallet to about 1/4 inch thick, (or buy thin, fast fry chops).
- On plate, mix together cheese, bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning and lemon rind.
- Spread flour on another plate.
- In shallow bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Coat each chop in flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip into egg, then into crumb mixture to coat both sides.
- In a large frypan, heat oil over medium high heat; fry chops, in 2 batches and turning once, until golden brown, and crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.