Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be multiplied by 2, 3, 4. The leftovers can be cut into 2 inch squares, seared & served as polenta cakes. Posted for Cookgirl!
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup coarse ground yellow corn grits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce pecorino romano cheese (grated)
- Place the water in a medium sauce pan over high heat.
- When the water boils reduce the heat to medium-high and slowly add the grits. Stir continuously while adding the grits.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the grits for 12 minutes stirring to keep the grits from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cheese and stir until well blended.
Outstanding! Serve this with a heavily seasoned dish to balance the flavors. I think I can now say I am an honorary Southern Gal! Thanks, Impera!