Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Barney's Steak and Seafood restaurant in Orlando, Florida.
- 2 (8 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces grated romano cheese
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (sliced or diced)
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 ounce cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix mayonnaise and cheeses and spread mixture over fish.
- Sprinkle paprika over each steak.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- For the sauce, combine all ingredients except cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes on medium heat, then blend in cornstarch.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove fish from oven and top with sauce.
WOW! This was fantastic! The main dish without the sauce was really good, but with the sauce it put it over the top! I don't even care for sun-dried tomatoes, but now I do. It was really pretty quick and easy to make. Next time I may try a lower fat mayo just to cut calories and will cook a little closer to top burner to brown the cheese more, but definitely will make this again.