Recipe by Dine & Dish
I love it when you take a chance on a recipe from a magazine and it turns out to be so good that you add it to your monthly rotation. This is one of those recipes! From the October 2007 issue of Taste of Home.
Top Review by zukfamily
I wasn't sure what to expect & OMG!! This is was so delicious!! I didn't have romano cheese, so I used parmesan & mozzerella. This is a definite keeper. Thank you for this recipe.
- 6 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides over medium heat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic and basil in butter. Stir in the broth and orange juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and chicken juices run clear.