Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from TreStelle
- 4 bacon, slices finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- white pepper
- 1 cup popped corn
- 1 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- In a medium saucepan, cook bacon until crispy. Add butter and soften the onions and celery. Add the flour and let cook until homogeneous, pour slowly the wine and add gradually the chicken stock and milk.
- Cook at low heat until it's creamy and lightly thick. Add pecorino romano cheese 5 minutes before serving, and season with white pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to broil. Put the popped corn on a baking sheet with foil paper; spray with vegetable oil and sprinkle with the 1 cup of pecorino romano cheese, then grill until the cheese begin to melt and brown. Pour the soup in bowls and garnish with the popped corn.