Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
We have a lot of green beans this year. I figured out what to do with the small tender beans, but the Romanos are different... tasty, but different.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb green beans (Romano, Italian type bean)
- 1⁄2 lb onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- Clean and string beans, then break into bite sized pieces.
- Slice onion.
- Sauté onions and beans in olive oil over medium high heat until golden brown.
- Add chicken broth, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until most of liquid is gone (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Serve (optional: garnish with grated Parmesan cheese).
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used 1/2 cup of onion. I also didn't cook the onions first I just cooked everything together. We thought they could have used some pepper but otherwise enjoyed them.