From Morton's Steak Bible. A wonderful way to prepare skirt steak, no marinating for this one!
Make and share this Romanian Skirt Steak With Golden Garlic and Fried Parsley recipe from Food.com.
- In a saute' pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, saute' the garlic for about 6 minutes or until golden brown and softened.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat until later.
- Remove the stems from the parsley, wash and thoroughly dry the leaves.
- Pour the canola oil into a heavy saucepan or high sided skillet to a depth of about 1 inch. (for a 10 in skillet you will need about 5 cups of oil.
- heat over medium high heat until shimmering hot.
- Using tongs, drop small batches of the parsley into the hot oil and fry for 15 to 20 seconds, or until shriveled and crispy. (any amount of water on the parsley will cause the oil to spatter, so BE CAREFUL!).
- Lift from the hot oil with tongs and drain on paper towles. Season very lightly with salt.
- Preheat the broiler (high setting) and position the rack about 4 inches from the heating element.
- Season the steaks on both sides with the seasoned salt.
- Broil for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. For medium, increase the time to 5 minutes per side.
- Allow the juices to re-distribute in the steak and (if desired) slice steaks thinly against the grain. Each steak will serve 2 people.
- Garnish each plate with 3 garlic cloves and fried parsley.