Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is one of the recipes that my Aunt Diane submitted for my grandmothers cook book.
- 3 -4 lbs rib roast or 3 -4 lbs rolled roast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 4 -6 medium sized potatoes
- 4 -6 carrots (shaved & cut in half)
- 3 -4 stalks celery (cut in quarters)
- 2 chopped onions
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix: 1 Tablespoon of butter, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley with 1/4 teaspoons each of salt & pepper.
- Poke holes in roast and put the above mixture into holes.
- Place roast into a shallow roasting pan with a small amount of water fat side up.
- Place the cut up vegetables around the roast.
- Bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130°F to 135°F for medium-rare doneness.
- Remove from oven.
- Cover and let stand 20 minute before carving.