Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From L.A. Times Food Section- Judy Zeidler November 25, 1994
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles, cooked,thoroughly drained and still warm
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin, plumped in apple juice
- oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toss the noodles with the butter.
- Cool, slightly, then blend in the eggs, salt, apple and raisins.
- In large, heavy skillet heat 1/4-inch oil over medium heat.
- Drop noodle mixture by tablespoon into hot oil, flattening each spoonful with back of spoon to form thin latke.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Do not turn latkes until first side is golden and top is set.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in shallow bowl and dip latkes in sugar mixture on both sides.