Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These little yummies are THE smell encountered at any Romanian Piatsa (outdoor market). They are the closest thing you find to Romanian street food. They are very flavorful and smell incredibly good while grilling.
- Mix all ingredients except soda water and baking soda until well blended.
- Blend in baking soda.
- Slowly add soda water a little at a time until well combined. Mixture should be moist but not so much that it cannot hold a shape.
- Form meat into cylindrical shapes about 2-3 inches long and 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Grill (or fry but they won't be as tasty) turning every few minutes until cooked through, about 10 minutes depending on your grill).
- Serve with a light mustard.
I would NOT add the salt next time. I modified this recipe a little - 2 lbs of ground beef, 3/4 C beef bouillon, and 1/4 C bacon grease. They were good, but WAY too salty. With the bouillon and they bacon grease, I don't think the extra tablespoon of salt is necessary.
Didn't give more stars as I didnt make the exact recipe. I normally use half beef and half lamb , a lot of garlic and no beef bouillon, one cup seems like an awful lot.