1/1 Photo of Romanian Lettuce Soup
Might sound weird but it 's actually pretty good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook slowly chopped onion and garlic in oil until soft but not brown.
- 2Wash lettuce, tear leaves in small pieces, add to cooked onions and cook about 10 more minutes.
- 3Add salt, pepper, water and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Add lemon juice and simmer 5 more minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, beat yolk in large serving bowl and add cream.
- 6Pour soup very slowly, drop by drop, over egg mixture stirring vigorously to prevent curdling.
- 7Do not cook again. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romanian Lettuce Soup
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g