Recipe by littlemafia
Might sound weird but it 's actually pretty good.
Top Review by Nleleh2
Used about 1/3 lemon, wish recipe had recommended amount. I left out the egg, but it was still pretty good. I added a little cider vinegar after I tasted it. Not bad, really does take slow addition of soup to cream. I used Romain and red leaf lettuce. A good way to use up lettuce, and refreshing.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 heads lettuce (about 2 lbs in all)
- lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup table cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook slowly chopped onion and garlic in oil until soft but not brown.
- Wash lettuce, tear leaves in small pieces, add to cooked onions and cook about 10 more minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, water and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat yolk in large serving bowl and add cream.
- Pour soup very slowly, drop by drop, over egg mixture stirring vigorously to prevent curdling.
- Do not cook again. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.