Recipe by iris5555
From Steve Raichlen's BBQ USA cookbook. Preparation time includes 4 hours marination.
Top Review by fishing for recipes
This is the best steak I have ever eaten! I only changed one thing... I used smoked paprika because I did not have hot hungarian paprika. Will try it with the hungarian kind in the future. This recipe has been added to our family collection of favorite recipes and will be made often!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- hot Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Place skirt steak in shallow baking dish.
- Season generously on both sides with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Drizzle olive oil over skirt steak on both sides, patting it on with your fingers.
- Sprinkle with garlic and oregano and pat these in with your fingers.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Heat grill to high.
- When you're ready to cook the steak, brush the grill grate with oil.
- Place steak on the hot grate and grill until cooked to taste. (I usually turn my grill down after I put the steak on.).
- Cook about 3 to 4 minutes/side for medium rare. Steak should be nicely browned on the bottom when ready to turn.
- Transfer to platter and let rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- Be sure to cut across the grain.