1/1 Photo of Romanian Bean Soup
18 hrs 15 mins
This sounds yummy, although I have not tried it yet myself. Recipe courtesy of Chet Day's Daily Crock website. Posted for Zaar World Tour II for the Southeastern Europe region. Note: Prep Time does not include overnight soaking of the beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak lima beans in cold water overnight. Drain the lima beans and rinse in several changes of water to float away as many loosened shells as possible.
- 2Place beans in crockpot with 8 cups fresh water, the chopped onion, carrot, garlic and bouillon cube. Cover tightly and cook 18 to 24 hours on low until beans are very tender.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool a little.
- 4In the meantime, heat the butter in a skillet and saute the finely diced onion until it is very brown.
- 5Ladle a small amount of soup at a time into blender or bowl of a food processor and puree until all soup is pureed. Return to pot and stir in browned onions. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romanian Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 29.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes