Mia in Germany's Note:
Romanesco is green cauliflower. If you don't find any, you can also use broccoli or white cauliflower. Instead of hazelnuts, you can use any other nut you have on hand and like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Divide the romanesco, cauliflower or broccoli into florets and steam until just soft, about 15 minutes.
- 2Let cool until just slightly warm, combine with the kidney beans in a large bowl.
- 3While cooling the romanesco, lightly toast the nuts in a hot pan without adding oil, then roughly chop the toasted nuts.
- 4To make the dressing, stir together lime juice and honey, add fish sauce, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil and stir until smooth.
- 5Add grated orange peel and combine salad with the dressing.
- 6Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- 7Add chopped parsley.
- 8Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romanesco-Kidney Bean Salad With Honey-Lime Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 286.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: