Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Romanesco is green cauliflower. If you don't find any, you can also use broccoli or white cauliflower. Instead of hazelnuts, you can use any other nut you have on hand and like.
- 1 head romanesco
- 1⁄2 lb kidney bean, cooked, drained
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- Divide the romanesco, cauliflower or broccoli into florets and steam until just soft, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool until just slightly warm, combine with the kidney beans in a large bowl.
- While cooling the romanesco, lightly toast the nuts in a hot pan without adding oil, then roughly chop the toasted nuts.
- To make the dressing, stir together lime juice and honey, add fish sauce, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil and stir until smooth.
- Add grated orange peel and combine salad with the dressing.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Add chopped parsley.
- Serve at room temperature.