Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just like soup and chowders in the winter. This is just one of my favorites. It needs put together but the ingredients seem to be there all the time.
- 1 cup celery, slices
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna, drained, flaked
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- Sauté celery and onion in butter.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Gradually add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add tuna and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
This was quick and easy to whip up. I agree, it's all stuff you normally have on hand. I just thought it needed a bit more flavor. I added garlic, paprika and cayenne. Thanx for sgharing the recipe; I'll make it again.