Recipe by chia
another quick easy delicious veal dish. my butcher got 10 scallops to a pound for me, so this was inexpensive as well. serve over pasta with the sauce.
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (canned are fine, drain them first)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mixed good olive
- 8 -12 slices veal, thin slices, preferably from the leg, pounded slightly until less than 1/4 inch thick
- flour, for dredging
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- chopped fresh parsley leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Put 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and, when it sizzles, tomatoes and salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break down, about 10 minutes, then add olives, and turn heat to low.
- Put about 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper, then dredge it in flour.
- Sauté as many slices as will comfortably fit in skillet, just until brown on both sides, 5 minutes or less.
- Remove to a plate, and keep warm in oven while sautéing remaining slices.
- Taste sauce, and adjust seasoning; spoon it over veal slices, and arrange lemon on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve.