Recipe by PaulaG
An unsual recipe that is quick to make and perfect start to a low-carb meal. The recipe comes from Favorite Brand Name Low-Carb Recipes.
Top Review by Debbwl
Thank you for the step 8 note about the soup looking curdled because mine did. Now that said this was a nice healthy soup that DH enjoyed as is and I enjoyed kicked up a bit with Sriracha hot chili. Thanks so much for the post.
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups fresh spinach, washed,stems removed,and coarsley chopped
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 4-qt saucepan, over medium heat, bring broth to a boil.
- Beat together egg substitute, basil, cheese,lemon juice, parsley, white pepper and nutmeg.
- Set aside.
- Add spinach to broth and simmer 1 minute.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into broth while wisking constantly so that egg threads form.
- Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is cooked.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
- Note: Soup may look curdled.