1/2 Photos of Roman Spinach Soup
An unsual recipe that is quick to make and perfect start to a low-carb meal. The recipe comes from Favorite Brand Name Low-Carb Recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 cups fresh spinach, washed,stems removed,and coarsley chopped
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- 1In a 4-qt saucepan, over medium heat, bring broth to a boil.
- 2Beat together egg substitute, basil, cheese,lemon juice, parsley, white pepper and nutmeg.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Add spinach to broth and simmer 1 minute.
- 5Slowly pour egg mixture into broth while wisking constantly so that egg threads form.
- 6Simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until egg is cooked.
- 7Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
- 8Note: Soup may look curdled.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roman Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 166.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g