Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice change of pace from tomato-based Italian chicken dishes.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for at least 15 minutes.
- Cook spinach according to package directions, drain well.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain.
- Saute garlic in oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and saute about 5 minutes or until browned on each side.
- Pour chicken broth into 8x8 baking dish and add chicken with garlic.
- Spread spinach around chicken, sprinkle with raisins and pine nuts.
- Top each chicken breast half with 1 oz mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes at 350F or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve chicken on top of orzo and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Great dinner ! Used Greek dressing as marinade and left out raisins due to personal pref. Easy to do, looks nice on plate and yummy to eat !