Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From $40 a day in Rome comes my favorite kind of pasta next to a basic Pasta Pomodoro. Pancetta, eggs, cheese, cream...is there anything better? Amazing comfort food...this is a definite A+ in my book! Please, please do this dish justice and use GOOD grated cheese. It makes all the difference.
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water until it is al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Beat the eggs.
- Add the black pepper and cheese to the beaten eggs.
- Set aside.
- Add cream to this mixture, if desired, for a creamier dish.
- Put the oil in a saucepan with the pancetta, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti into the pan and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame (this is important) and add the egg and cheese mixture to the pasta and mix.
- Serve with additional Pecorino Romano on top.