I created this dish with ingredients on hand in my kitchen. I thought the title fitting because this is a hearty, "comfort food" meal that would have satisfied a Roman soldier. It is mostly an Italian meal except for the Greek seasoning, an item a Roman soldier could have discovered while he was out and about conquering the world. You may use any vegetable in this dish, but I like to use stir fry veggies with sugar snap peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water and cook macaroni.
- 2Sautee sausage, hamburger, and onion until cooked.
- 3Add frozen vegetables, mushrooms, soup, and milk (I just fill the soup can up half way), and greek seasoning.
- 4Mix thoroughly and warm over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to a casserole dish.
- 6Top with parmesean cheese and bake in a 350°F deg. oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roman Soldier Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.0 mg
- Sodium 909.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 31.6 g