Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this dish with ingredients on hand in my kitchen. I thought the title fitting because this is a hearty, "comfort food" meal that would have satisfied a Roman soldier. It is mostly an Italian meal except for the Greek seasoning, an item a Roman soldier could have discovered while he was out and about conquering the world. You may use any vegetable in this dish, but I like to use stir fry veggies with sugar snap peas.
- Boil water and cook macaroni.
- Sautee sausage, hamburger, and onion until cooked.
- Add frozen vegetables, mushrooms, soup, and milk (I just fill the soup can up half way), and greek seasoning.
- Mix thoroughly and warm over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Top with parmesean cheese and bake in a 350°F deg. oven for 30 minutes.
I made this for dinner and really liked it! I used the stir-fry vegetables with snow peas as suggested - they were perfect with the dish.