Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a taste of Ancient Rome. Serve with Honeyed wine, Lucien sausages and some other Roman delights. The hard part will be finding the Roman Bath to serve it in.
- 40 -50 mussels
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- 1⁄2 cup vin santo wine
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup fresh cumin, minced
- 1⁄8 cup fresh savory, minced
Roman Fish sauce (use 2 tablespoons)
- 1 quart grape juice
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- Reduce the grape juice to 1/10 volume.
- Add the anchovy paste and the oregano.
- Use as directed.
- Mussel dish:.
- Wash the mussels thoroughly.
- Place in pot and add water to cover them. Add remaining ingredients.
- Boil until done. This means:.
- Shells will open during boiling. After shells open, boiling should continue for 3 to 5 minutes. So watch the mussels ok?