Recipe by susie cooks
Pinot Grigio is an excellent choice of wine for this recipe. Use Prosecco (an Italian sparkling wine) instead of club soda. This recipe calls for Lemoncello for the lemon liqueur. From a recipe book called Sangria.
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 ounces peach brandy
- 1 ounce lemon liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry white wine
- 12 ounces club soda
- 3 cups ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass pitcher, combine the peach slices, grapes and lemon slices.
- Add the peach brandy, and sugar, and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Slowly pour in the white wine, stirring gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
- When ready to serve, add the Prosecco and stir gently.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Slowly pour sangria into glasses allowing the fruit pieces to fall into the glasses.